Thursday, January 6, 2011

New Year brings Big News!

2011 brings big changes for me and my business. This December I left my full-time day job as goldsmith and studio director for Stephen Vincent Design to purse my jewelry collection full time! I am so excited for this opportunity to have more creative time and expand my business to more galleries and shows throughout the year. I also hope to grow my custom design business and create more wedding and commitment rings, so look for new things to come!

With this business change I also have personal change: my husband and I are moving up to Duluth, Minnesota. Duluth is my hometown and a great source of my inspiration, so I am excited to be surrounded by the tress, rivers, and that big huge Lake Superior and I look forward to how it will influence my collection. Although I am excited about the move, I am not ready to give up my community in NE Minneapolis. The Twin Cities has been an amazing community to be a part of creatively and business wise. I have made so many connections and have such an amazing supportive climate down here, I just can't give it up. So, I'm not! I am keeping my studio in the Northrup King Building as a show space and meeting area for custom design. I plan to travel back and forth from Duluth and the Cities at least twice a month. Now that my schedule is my own I plan to keep a foot in both cities (Duluth and Minneapolis) so no worries, I still look forward to our private design consultations and First Thursday events!